Thursday, August 27, 2020

Day Three: Are My Kids Growing Up?

Wednesday was a joy.  We finally got some of our English textbooks, so I felt good about teaching two of my kids and just using the downloaded PDF versions for one child.  Despite being completely exhausted and utterly drained by 2 PM, the morning was so great.  To have a kid sit on my lap while we go through their work, to have the kids play for 15 minutes on the apps they've downloaded, to have a kid calm down and speak gently to me, it was all SO SO weird!  It's as if they respect me as a teacher mom, and are able to enjoy having their mom spend some one on one time with them.  And it was so exciting to see them learn with me!  Cooper was fine by himself until about 11 AM, and then we distracted him by giving him some bells.  Once he tired of that, we grabbed the xylophone bells.  Sometimes Dagny will ask for some ipad learning time while the boys are doing their apps (NightZookeeper for English and Prodigy for Math), for 15 minutes.  I oblige willingly, but then Cooper just wants to play on the ipad for the rest of the day while the others are learning.  That does become a bit of a problem.  But really not paying too much attention to him has been key.  

I also managed to clean 4 of our 5 toilets (it's the Wednesday chore we always do), and the kids helped with dishes and tidying up.  The boys had baseball practice at 6 PM, and the littles and I joined to go play on the playground for a bit.  I rewarded myself with a quick trip by Swig on the way over, and enjoyed sharing the drink with my kids too.  Good hump day, I really hope this homeschooling positivity continues.  Because so far, I'm loving it.  

No comments: