Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The 10 to 6...

I have been trying a lot of new things this semester. In addition to trying sushi, mochi, cooking, and all the other things that come along with medical school, I have been going to sleep at 10 and waking up at 6 (actually just started trying 5:30, as I want to start working out again.) It's a fairly unique schedule for a single guy my age to keep, especially in medical school, when you always have something more that you could learn. However, I committed myself to keeping this schedule during the weekdays, and I have done a fairly good job at it.

The reason I am doing it is because I came across a quote in the biography of our late Prophet, Gordon B. Hinckley. He is quoted as saying "If you go to bed at 10:00 and get up by 6:00 A.M., things will work you for you." I'm the kind of person that wants things to work out for me. So, I decided to experiment upon the Prophet's words.

The funny thing about following prophets, is that they really know their stuff. And considering that God is the one backing up what prophets say, it's a good bet that if you obey, the blessings will come. Although the experiment has only been going for a couple of months, I'm convinced that my life is better now than ever before. Obviously, there's a little more to that than just going sleeping the correct hours during the night, but that schedule has definitely helped me to put first things first, which in turn has led to progression. If you don't believe me, try it.

3 comments:

Wilford said...

Andy, you are the man. Maybe some jump roping in the morning, huh? ha.

Anonymous said...

hmmmm i need to jump on that wagon...its just hard not getting FOMO haha

Anonymous said...

Soooo, I told my roommate about this and we are starting tomorrow, ill let you know how it goes.