Sunday, April 19, 2009

Today is the day of miracles

I had to wake up at 6:30 this morning; a Sunday morning mind you. Those who know me well, know that isn't early. I thought I would try and elicit sympathy from those who don't know me well.

There are certain events that regardless of what time I have to rise from bed, I will do so with a smile on my face. Golf is one of those such occasions. Playing with Sophie would be another... unless she's poopy. Then I would wake up at any time after Tammy changes her. Priesthood meetings are another, and that is the reason I arose early this morning.

I left the house with plenty of time to get to the church and relax before the meeting started. However, when I turned my car on, I couldn't shift it out of park. Regardless of what I did, the car would not cooperate. I have had that happen before, and tried all the tricks that worked in the past. Nothing. I said a quick prayer. Nothing immediate. I called my mom. She told me to try the tricks I had already tried. She then said she would help me get in touch with my pops. We hung up and I had the distinct impression to lift upward on the brake pedal and then try again. I followed the impression. I ended up making it to priesthood before the first speaker had started.

No mountains were moved, no angels were seen, no voice was heard. But I know that I saw the hand of the Lord in my life this morning. Such events happen daily in my life. Recognizing them is something that helps me remember that the Lord is on my side, and that He cares enough to be a part of my life. Without a doubt, if you too have sought help from your Maker, if you look with spiritual eyes, you will notice the miracles that have happened in yours.

1 comment:

SupaFlowaPowa said...

Should miracles be singular? I came to look for a new post but instead got to read this one over again.. yay!