Monday, June 22, 2009

There's a First.

I got a call at 10:38 PM from Kenny Lee, a guy I dated in college and went to high school with. We ran into each other recently at the local gym and worked out once thereafter together and I told him I was investigating the Church.

"Hey, what's up Daisy." he said.
"Hi, what's up?" I said.
"Do you want to get a drink?" he asked.
"Umm, well I'm actually in San Jose right now." I responded.
"Oh, for business?" he continued.
"Yep." I said.
"Okay, well next time you're in town, call me and we'll go grab a drink." he said.
I hesitated. "Umm, you know I don't drink anymore right?"
"Oh yeah, that's okay, we'll go get some coffee and talk." Boy was not giving up.
"Umm, I don't drink coffee either." I responded.
"So, you're still doing that religious thing? Did you go through with it?"
"Yeah, I'm Mormon now." I said.
"Oh. So you actually did it?" he inquired.
"Yes, I did." I confirmed again.
"When?" he asked.
"Two Saturdays ago," I continued.
"So you did the whole water dunking thing and everything?"
"Umm... yeah." I guess he didn't believe me. "Daisy, are you seriously Mormon?"
"Yess!" I explained.
"That's a first. I've never spoken with a Mormon before."

There's a first time for everything.

No comments: