Friday, March 9, 2012

We're In Love!

I'd like to think of myself as a fancy person, but in reality.. I'm quite baffled by the price mark-up at higher end stores.  For example, why Whole Foods chooses to sell Jordan's Earth's Best organic formula for $19.99 while Babies 'R' Us sells it for $8.99 is beyond me.  I suppose it's probably more certifiably organic at Whole Foods, and of course - you need to inflate it to help out with the overhead costs and all the free samples policy (you can sample anything at Whole Foods, even if it's still packaged).... but a 100% mark-up?!  INSANE I tell you!

So when we got married almost two years ago (two in June 2012), thinking of myself as quite fancy, I was excited about using our Crate N Barrel gift cards.  But try as we might, we could never find anything we liked at Crate N Barrel.  Numerous visits.  No progress.  Big sales.  Still nothing I fancied.  The problem was, I could get it for less at Ross!  Or TJMaxx!  But then... this Christmas, Andy's sister, Tammy, told us about an innovative ice cream scooper with anti-freeze in the handle and as we were browsing at Crate N Barrel for the nth time, we saw it!  We knew we were holding onto those gift cards for a reason!

We purchased it and we have been absolutely infatuated!  Except guess what.. this is the real thing!  For anyone who is a true ice cream lover, this is a MUST BUY!  We have ice cream almost every night in this household... and it used to be more of a hassle (though never a real hassle when it's for something you love this much) to dip your scooper into hot water first or wait for the ice cream to melt..... but these days.... we scoop ice cream in seconds!  Nanoseconds even!  I am constantly amazed that the ice cream is so soft when I'm scooping it up - as if it had been sitting out for minutes!!!


What did we do without our anti-freeze Crate N Barrel fancy scooper?!  I don't even want to imagine it.  Now... all we need are real ice cream bowls so we stop filling our entire big cereal bowl.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Oh my gosh, that scoop sounds life-changing! I think I may need to invest in one, as we're pretty big ice cream fans over here too!

SupaFlowaPowa said...

@Lauren - it is AMAZING! Please get it! You will not regret it!!!