Sunday, September 29, 2013

Be Careful What You Wish For

Dear Future lazy Daisy,

This is how it went down.

I didn't feel like moving.  But I needed to get to the room to get ready for bed.  It was so comfortable on the couch with the blankets on me.

"Can you carry me to the room?" I asked Andy.  No reply.  "Please?"

He came over, bent down with his back horrifically straight, as if about to pick up some heavy piece of furniture, pressed his lips together, and focused intently to pick me up.  I put my arms around his neck, imagining how romantic it would be to be swept away by my husband.  As if it were our first time entering our new home.  He didn't seem able to converse while carrying me.  He stumbled a bit and tried his best to quickly transport me.  "Am I that heavy?" I asked him.  "Well, you certainly aren't light," he responded.  "Owwww!" I yelped.  My elbow had just slammed into something on the side of the wall.  As I hung on for dear life and my elbow throbbed, I felt like I was slowly sinking so I screamed.. "Okay, enough, enough...put me down! no more!" in between laughing at how utterly ridiculous the whole situation was.  Needless to say, he ignored me.

Be careful what you ask for.

Signed,
My throbbing elbow