Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Daylight Savings Sucks

And not because it's affecting my child - no, Jordan seems just fine with the change and has been sleeping from about 8/8:30 PM - 7:45/8:00 AM so far.  His naps were a little later than usual yesterday - around 2 PM instead of 1 PM, but Spring Forward has been a-okay for him!

Me, on the other hand.. I lie in bed for 2 hours before I fall asleep, thinking of anything and everything.  The thoughts occupying my mind lately have included my court contested hearing tomorrow (for a moving violation in a school zone, yes I'm quite aware the chances are stacked against me), my gestational diabetes test on Thursday that I think I may fail because I am insulin resistant due to my diagnosis of poly-cystic-ovarian-syndrom ("PCOS") and have been feeding it by not exercising regularly and eating a lot of excess sweets, items to update for my quarterly in-person work meeting next week, how I'm going to fly with Jordan in my lap and Ethan growing in my belly (we are going to LA before Andy on our own), ways to repurpose existing furniture and organize our play room/home office, if I'll have enough counter space in our kitchen, all while getting up every 15 minutes to use the restroom.  Thank you small bladder whilst pregnant.

Rant over.


1 comment:

Larry Williams said...

Daylight savings time just seems to be getting worse. I don't know why. They should just skip it.