Wednesday, March 30, 2011

It's Never Too Late!

My daily newsletters kindly informed me that I might get carpal tunnel syndrome - temporarily of course, but due to the hormone infusion in my body from the baby. Of course, I thought I was so lucky not to have any such symptoms. My daily newsletters also kindly informed me of swollen feet, another temporary symptom that I was lucky to not have encountered.

Alas, it's never too late. Just like it's never too late to repent, just like it's never too late to pick up a new hobby, just like it's never too late to eat something foreign to you, just like it's never too late to change... it's also never too late for those pregnancy hormones to kick in!

At lunch yesterday, I could barely hold my fork with my right hand. In fact, it was sore just holding it - as if I had worked out my hand (is that possible?!), then it was just sore, and then, it was tingly when I woke up. Having a hypochondriac for a husband medical student, I can attest to the fact that tingly in the hands is not a good thing.

At work lately, my poor feet have been struggling to fit into my work shoes. When I started with the Firm, the strict dress code was no open toed shoes, however, with time, the code has relaxed a bit and luckily, this means a little bit of breathing room for my feet - or as much as a peep toed shoe can offer. However, my toes have not simply swollen, the entire foot has and thus even this tiny hole provides no comfort for my feet to breathe. Add to that the 100+ steps of Angel's Flight I walk up and down everyday to get to my office equals a very unhappy, huffing and puffing, pregnant me.

But I'm outside of my body. As painful as it is becoming, I am striving to make it to the due date because I selfishly want all of my paid time off from the state of California and the Firm. My body is a temple that is baking a baby and the change in my body is a constant reminder that it's indeed never too late - never too late to do good, never too late to change for the better, never too late to start feeling way prego. Yikes!

2 comments:

Genny said...

Have no fear! :) I totally had tingly fingers too, only when I woke up, in 2 or 3 of my five fingers. It goes away.

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Funny you should mention carpal tunnel syndrome - my wrist started hurting yesterday. Here's hoping our aches are temporary.