Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Sick Days as a Mom

My throat is scratchy, my voice is hoarse, and once I start coughing, I can't seem to stop.  Unfortunately, motherhood doesn't grant sick days and Jordan seems baffled by why we're home so much this week.  As a result, I'm wishing for a maid and a nanny because the house is a mess and Jordan could use a better mom right now.

What little energy I could muster, I put forth towards making a scrumptious lunch that Jordan would gulp up in hopes of a very long 3 hour nap.  I used leftover ground turkey meat, cabbage, and shrimp from last night's dumpling fillings, then added some tomatoes, pineapples, rice, and seaweed along with some pepper, salt, sesame oil and soy sauce.  It was absolutely delicious, and Jordan will attest to it!

Currently, Jordan is sleeping and as he does.. I'm now staring at two big loads of clean laundry to be folded, a Froot Loops box on the floor Jordan was playing with, the toys all strewn on the carpet, and thinking of the dirty dishes piled high in the sink.  Ugh.  Sick days as a mom are no fun.  I just want to watch television all day long, cuddled with a blanket and only getting up to grab more water and pee.

Sometimes when I'm in the midst of the whole motherhood thing, I think - man this is so boring today... same routine everyday with only slight differences and it strangely almost feels just like my years in audit (copy, paste, again...), and right when I get to thinking that way... I get sick which is the perfect reminder that I actually had it great!  I have ups and downs, I just have to remember the ups when I'm in a down pattern.  And to stop and smell the roses.

Besides... Jordan's pretty cute on my sick days (we're going to be in PJs for a long time today)


Just stretching my legs while I eat my breakfast and watch TV!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Ugh, I agree, being sick with kiddos is no fun! Hope you feel better soon!!

Paige Taylor Evans said...

"Sometimes when I'm in the midst of the whole motherhood thing, I think - man this is so boring today... same routine everyday with only slight differences" - time for another baby - that'll get things interesting again :) Hope you feel better soon! I wish your mom was close by to help out!