Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Before I Forget

Lately, I've been Miss Positive Patty.  I'm so full of happy positive energy that it kind of sickens me.  But I really am just so high on life, motherhood, part time working from home-ness, and excited for our new home and the chance I get to slowly decorate it throughout the year.  Whatever the case, I would rather stay here than go back to being Negative Nancy, which is hilarious to me because normally I'm thinking - why are those dang Positive Patty's so happy about everything?!

I woke up at 7:30 AM this morning and got in a few minutes of a ball work out before Jordan woke up.  I gave him his milk, changed his diaper, and then continued to work out (if you can call it that).  Jordan picked up a small blue ball and copied me, laughing and pointing at me here and there.  He really wanted my 4 lb ball so at one point, I put it on the floor, and after realizing it was too heavy for him, he went back to his small blue ball.  He then ate breakfast nicely on his own while watching some TV during my now additional Monday ops and finance call, and then we played, got ready to go out, and I worked some more while he was hitting balls and running around.  The next thing I knew it was lunch, so we opted to eat lunch instead of heading out, and somehow ended up playing and singing some more.  Before we knew it, it was time for his afternoon nap, so off we went to go play in his room before nap.

Guess who came home right when I put Jordan down for his nap?  Andy!  Too bad I couldn't hang out with him since nap time equals work time.  So I continued to work while Andy went to work out.  Then, to take a nice coffee break (this is what I call any work cuz it reminds me of my office working days), I cleaned the trash can and loaded the dishwasher.  And while I was doing these household chores, I thought... I am so lucky!  And no, I am NOT being sarcastic.  I really, seriously, 100% thought, to do this on a weekday for a break instead of the weekend?  I am one lucky lady!  See, full time working people do sometimes envy at home people.  And my full time working side realized my part time working status is pretty a-w-e-s-o-m-e.

An hour later, I sat down with Andy post workout and had another coffee break.  This time I had some veggies with hummus while he watched.  After dinner and a hilarious lesson for Family Home Evening which started out with milkshakes and then a lesson about reverence and trying to teach Jordan how to use a quiet voice (shhhh) and loud voice, (he loved experimenting with his voice both in screams and in tiny whispers with his little finger in front of his lips), we put Jordan to bed.  We studied together and then watched some TV while I worked.  Andy went to bed around 10:30 PM, I cleaned up some more, took a shower, and am now on the night shift.

It kind of sounds insane, but I'm really enjoying it lately and I don't want to forget when I am down, throwing myself pity parties and feeling lousy all around.  Attitude really does matter.  I know I have a choice to seek happy perspectives and negative ones.  I know there is a silver lining to everything.  It is funnier to be negative sometimes, but it's really not funny when you're on your own at 11:30 PM working for another hour or so before bed.  The grass is greener on the other side.  But guess what... it's always that way.  So for now, I'm going to think of how much better this is than waking up tomorrow bright and early to go back to busy season.  Hehe.

p.s.  National Pancake Day is Tuesday, February 5th.  Who wants to go to IHOP with me?!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Gosh, can you lend me some of your energy?? I'm like the exact opposite these days. I don't want to do a darn thing haha.