Thursday, January 28, 2016

Third Child Privileges

My first born didn't get to eat any candy until he was about 2 years old.  My second born had his first taste of candy around 18 months.  My third had her first taste at 14 months.

As you can see, she is beyond mesmerized...
Yesss sucka!
They weren't kidding when they said the first borns loosen up the parents and make it easy for the younger ones.  Personally, I just feel like with so much in the world to taste, why waste it on candy, something that will definitely be enjoyed by all?  I want to encourage my kids to have an inviting palate of foods ranging in texture, tradition, and tastiness.  And I need just one child to enjoy sushi with me (Andy isn't a huge fan, but he'll do California rolls, cream cheese rolls, and is always up for a good teriyaki chicken or bowl of ramen).  I've had real sushi twice in Salt Lake, once when my parents came to visit and once with some girlfriends for a birthday celebration.  Beyond that, I've had my fair share of Costco sushi, Dan's sushi, and Smith's sushi.

No comments: