Monday, February 6, 2017

Laughing Loudly Outside

So Amazing
After a miserable night up with Cooper, one where he not only was awake, but was INCONSOLABLE, screaming at the top of his lungs, as if in extreme pain and danger, he finally slept like a little angel this morning.  It was an excruciating night, but I'm relieved that it ended this morning.

Waking up to a clean house since we hosted Super Bowl at our house with family last night.  Also, what a game last night, eh?

Seeing Bubba's face of surprise and delight when I pick him up from school, even though I told him I was going to come pick him up.  It's always so much joy!

Cooking a successful dinner by accident.  Talking on the phone with BFF and telling her I was starting my crock pot of chicken thighs late, advised by BFF to bake it instead... so threw a mixture of chicken thighs, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, orange marmalade, red onions and celery into a baking pan for half an hour.  Paired it with some rice.. delicious!


Awful
Remembering last night.

Getting spit on by Cooper.  All. The. Time. 24/7.

Amusing
Took a quick trip with Dagny to City Creek after dropping Bubba off at school, but she fell asleep.  Reconnected with an old friend after hearing an old song from Wolf Parade in my car (from my phone), reminiscing about how hard "adulting" is, how far we've come in 10 years, how we used to be silly 24 year old senior associates, and all while I laughed outloud at her texts while pushing the stroller with a sleeping Dagny using my post partum stomach (at least there's some use of that leftover pouch).  Good old friends are the best, and I'm glad, despite how busy we are (she's a working mom with 2 kids and a new home that she is renovating) and I am a stay at home mom with a newborn and three other kids... she lives in LA, I live in SLC, so obviously.. we rarely get to connect, that a text conversation can bring me so much joy.

No comments: