Thursday, July 21, 2011

It's Official....

We will begin sending Christmas cards this year. I always told myself I wouldn't send them until I had a family and as much as Andy is family to me, who cares what we are doing? So the first year flew by with no card but now that Jordan is in our life, everyone will care... right? Hahaha...

Well, even if not - too bad. I started off by sending birth announcements to family, friends, co-workers, etc. and it was quite a task! It was like wedding invitations... thank you cards nightmare all over again... only this time when I stuffed the envelopes, I sighed and thought... hehe, that's my son! I'm sure I missed a ton of people, I tried my best but it was just impossible. I can't believe how many people come in and out of our lives throughout the years. I already know I left out a lot of Church buddies (so please don't be offended if you didn't get one), but our Ward is so large with so many awesome couples, it was basically a cost differential that I wasn't willing to invest in until Christmas. I know.. I'm cheap. I prefer frugal.

I still need to obtain all my parents' friends addresses as they often get left out in the more American traditions such as this yet they shower us with gifts, gift certificates and money without fail.

Anyhow, enjoy the baby announcement via the online world of fun and free (postage costs so much!)!

2 comments:

Paige Taylor Evans said...

We sent out a Christmas card the first year we lived here and it was just me, Chris, and our puppy. Then Fox replaced Joey. I'm all for sending xmas cards no matter what!

Cute birth announcement!!

LunaMoonbeam said...

Haha...we completely forgot to send out Christmas cards last year. Oops!

We got your announcement in the mail, though - so cute!