Friday, February 5, 2016

Dagny's Cake Smash Fail

I first got the idea of cake smash photos from my sister-in-law.  We had always done a cake smash but we never took photos of it, in fact we only have short video snippets of Jordan and Bubba's cake smash.  There are definitely a lot of perks for being the third child... whereas some people do less with each additional child, I seem to be flipped and do more with each successive child.  

I wanted to make the cake myself, so I actually had a trial run a few months beforehand.  I also made Dagny a small black tutu, and decided to pair her bow with some black tulle also.  Pretty clever on my part, eh?  

We couldn't get Dagny to sit still, so we gave her one of her gifts, a toothbrush so she could join her brothers for morning and nighttime toothbrushing rituals.  It seemed to work for a bit...







 She didn't last very long.  Instead of digging into the cake, as we thought she would given her excellent independent eating habits, she refused to stay still or smash the cake as we had hoped.

Her sitting and slight interest soon turned to anger in the form of tears pleading for us to pick her up.  But with that cute cry on her face, I couldn't help but take a few photos first.


The toothbrush brought her back again and she seemed intrigued again.  But all we got were a few photos of her barely touching the cake.  Oh well.  I'm sure she'll appreciate the photos in the future.  



No comments: