Monday, February 8, 2016

Have You Heard of Let's Play Music?!

Jordan started music classes this year with Let's Play Music.   He sings songs, plays the xylophone, and learns about notes and learns the very basics of music theory.  Every other week, I attend class with him, and though he's a tad bit weird when I'm around (super hyper and clingy all at once), it's fun to see what he's learning about and be a part of it.  He's full of questions, I have to remind him not to interrupt the teacher, and he also can't sit up when I'm around.  I wish I had a class like this when I was a kid, because learning music theory took me a few years to really get it.  

Jordan's class is just far enough that we can't quite make it home to do anything effective (do you know how long it takes to get kids in and out of the car?), so we normally make a trip to the bank and then make our way back to pick up Jordan.  On occasion, I bring my camera, and snapped some photos of all the kids.  This is what you might call, real life.  






I was a little bummed that Bubba was distracted the whole time on the iPad and that I didn't get any good photos of him.  Upon returning home, I asked him to smile for me.  I got the same "smile" (if you can call it that) on repeat.  I'm not quite sure where the hand came from, but it's his thing.  





No comments: