Tuesday, February 2, 2016

When Your Husband Can't Stand Being Home

When it snows pretty heavily and the roads are a mess, most people try to stay home.  My husband is not most people.  He loves his weekends with the family and is always itching to go do something. He's definitely not a homebody when it comes to spending time with the kids and is always looking to do something "fun" or as I like to explain, "expensive." 

So of course, this past weekend, we had to do something "fun" on Saturday!  We ended up at the Classic Fun Center which is about 20 minutes away.  I was a bit nervous since it was snowing and the roads weren't great, but he seemed confident that it'd be great.  

So we ventured off to the Classic Fun Center, aka land of feet smell.  It was Dagny's first time and she just wanted to be pushed around on the scooter the entire time.  She went around about 10 times and was anxious for more.  We also watched a magic show which Bubba lost interest but Jordan was absolutely captivated with.  
might be time to get her a scooter for DC!

The boys spent quite a bit of time playing together in the jungle gym, it's amazing what a difference a year or two makes.  I remember the last time we came, I was still pregnant and Bubba was still not quite able to navigate the scooter.  The time before, Jordan was a bit nervous on the jungle gym...even with his cousins with him there.  This time, he was confident and excited to play and Bubba, being the great little brother, just followed him along without fear, and the two had a great time.  My boys are so lucky to have each other, it makes me so happy to see them having a grand time and watching out for each other. 

Dagny had a great time in the baby section sliding down over and over again.  She is walking so much more now and avoids crawling if she can.  I can't wait for her to bigger so she can play with the boys on the big jungle gym too.  

We also went into the bounce houses, one of which had a huge foam pit with a large jump down!  I did the jump once with Bubba, and let me just say, I am a huge wimp.  My heart was beating for about 5 minutes after the jump, talk about an adrenaline rush I do not want!  I kinda hope my girls are as big of wimps as me, maybe that will make them goody two shoes like mom and keep them out of trouble hehe.  I guess I just really need want my kids to have a desire to do good, regardless of whether or not they're wimps, at the same time, when I look back at my own childhood and wonder why I didn't go to the dark side, it's mostly because I was a huge coward! I didn't want to go clubbing at the age of 15 with all the girls.  I didn't want to go raving when everyone was doing it.  I just wanted to read a good book at home.  Maybe I was always destined to become LDS.. ha! 

I digress.  So a bunch of Star Wars characters were at the Classic Fun Center when we first arrived, but we weren't really sure if it was for a party or what, so we didn't ask for a photo.  I know now that we could have and should have!  The boys kept asking if we could take a photo (there was Kylo Ren, Chewbaca, Princess Leia, Darth Vadar, and a Storm Trooper!) when I suggested we go take a photo with the Disney villains.  They didn't care for it, but I thought it'd be funny to get a photo with Ursula, who Uncle Ray is still a bit scarred and frightened by to this day (I may have had something to do with this.... ).  We took a photo and sent it to Uncle Ray.  He didn't respond yet.. maybe he wasn't amused.

So it was a good time.  I'm glad I trusted Andy's instinct that we should get out.  Despite the snowy roads, we made it safely there and back and the kids had a great time.  Andy went off to watch a BYU basketball game that started at 8 PM with his parents and aunt, while I put the kids to sleep at home and had some girlfriends over for a crazy girls night out (okay, yeah.. we just chatted and ate hummus with crackers), but boy was it fun for all.  I'm sure the trip to the Classic Fun Center helped set the mood for our weekend.  Sometimes, you just have to agree to your husband's suggestions even if at first you don't think it's the best idea.  

No comments: